The oceanside city of Myrtle Beach is alluring to families for numerous reasons, including its world-famous golf courses, lavish shopping meccas, and pristine beaches. But this gorgeous respite is also a world-class entertainment hub, much like Las Vegas but much more kid-friendly. With countless nightly theatric performances, comedy routines, and dazzling musicals to choose from, you’ll never have to go far to discover Myrtle Beach entertainment at its finest. The perfect place to start and finish each day under the sun is right here at Sand Dunes Resort, one of the only Myrtle Beach hotels with a free water park. Guests can also take full advantage of our Family FunZone, on-site dining, exclusive beach access, and convenient location.
Sifting through a batch Myrtle Beach shows, concerts, and comedic performances can be quite dizzying as there are over two dozen possibilities each night. If you’ve ever visited our breathtaking slice of coastal South Carolina before, you already know that mornings and afternoons are for sunbathing, water sports, and shopping. However, once the sun goes down, most travelers seek out an evening of world-renowned Myrtle Beach entertainment. To ensure that your upcoming visit is nothing short of flawless, we’ve compiled nine of our favorite after-dark destinations—enjoy!
- The Carolina Opry Theater: We couldn’t think of a more suitable place to commemorate an already stellar day in South Carolina than the Opry. With five unique Myrtle Beach shows to choose from, you won’t soon forget your visit to the region’s best theater.
- Pirates Voyage Dinner & Show: Pirates Voyage is becoming a wintertime sensation thanks to its holiday-related dinner shows. The experience is quite similar to the one at Medieval Times—simply swap the knights for pirates.
- Comedy Cabana: The Comedy Cabana, located just three miles down the road, consistently books the most talented comedians in the country. Lewis Black, Dave Attell, and Pauly Shore (among countless others) have all performed at the Cabana.
- Legends in Concert: Some of the continent’s best impersonators perform at Legends, including Elvis Presley, Alan Jackson, and even the Blues Brothers.
- Carolina Comedy Club: This Broadway at the Beach staple has welcomed Gallagher, Ralphie May, Chelsea Handler, and so many more talented performers over the years. It doesn’t get as much love as the Cabana, but it remains one of the best bets for after-dark Myrtle Beach entertainment.
- Alabama Theatre: Several of the most visually-striking Myrtle Beach shows can be experienced at Alabama Theatre, a beloved concert hall in the heart of Barefoot Landing. One the Show, Alabama’s bread and butter, enters its 26th season this year.
- GTS Theatre: GTS hosts everything from an Elvis Presley impersonator to comedic magic acts. But the Motown Tribute Show is where they make hay.
- The Asher Theatre: While Waccamaw Boulevard’s Asher Theatre isn’t as expansive or lavish as many other nearby live venues, we’ve quickly fallen for its intimate setting and calendar of eye-catching musicians.
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament: Medieval Times has withstood the test of time as families still cannot get enough of this rousing dinner theater. The awe-inspiring, shriek-inducing battles have never been more impressive.
Quintessential Oceanfront Myrtle Beach Lodging
After a genuinely unforgettable day in our four-season seaside paradise, retreat to Sand Dunes Resort for a moon-lit beach stroll, late-night cocktails, and a comfortable slumber. Start each morning with a fresh cup of joe on your private deck as the sun subtly peeks above the Atlantic Ocean. Don’t forget to read up about the area’s best museums, golf courses, and underwater adventures before your departure. Please give us a call today at 866-845-1011 to learn more about our affordable, oceanfront accommodations. We can also help you locate the premier Myrtle Beach dinner shows, concerts, and performances upon arrival.