There’s never an offseason for golf here in sunny Myrtle Beach, widely known as the “Golf Capital of the World.” While much of the country is saying “goodbye” to autumn, we’re still enjoying late-summer temperatures here along South Carolina’s coast. And one of the most popular mid-fall activities in our seaside haven is, of course, 18 holes of championship golf. Sand Dunes Resort not only has a free water park, oceanfront dining, and exclusive beach access, but guests can take full advantage of our affordable Myrtle Beach golf packages. All customized golf packages include (at a minimum) three nights of oceanfront lodging and three rounds at the top-reviewed Myrtle Beach golf courses.
The Top Myrtle Beach Golf Courses
If you’ve ever taken a peek at a Myrtle Beach golf course map, you already know that there are nearly 100 golf clubs along the Grand Strand. To ensure that all upcoming Myrtle Beach golf trips are nothing short of flawless, we’ve pieced together ten of our favorite local courses. All of these mainstays can be included in a Sand Dunes Resort golf package. For your reading enjoyment, we’ve broken down these can’t-miss Myrtle Beach golf courses into ten unique categories.
- The Best Country Club: Pine Lakes Country Club — Pine Lakes, which saw its first swing in 1927, was the very first golf course in Myrtle Beach. The gorgeous clubhouse, natural dunes, and rolling fairways have been wowing golfers for nearly a century.
- The Best Hidden Gem: Litchfield Country Club — Litchfield’s swift pace of play and affordable prices lure golfers from across the region. This well-groomed Pawleys Island classic should be on this year’s autumn wishlist.
- The Best of Murrells Inlet: TPC of Myrtle Beach — You won’t find many Myrtle Beach golf deals that include a round at the prestigious TPC. But, luckily for you, Sand Dunes Resort’s Prime Times Rewards Package is here to save the day.
- The Best of North Carolina: Farmstead Golf Links — Where else can you play a par six that starts in one state and ends in the other? Farmstead has an idyllic countryside design that many others simply cannot match.
- The Best of North Myrtle Beach: Beachwood Golf Club — Beachwood is often overshadowed by the giants, such as TPC and King’s North, but you’ll discover the perfect combination of city and country at this North Myrtle Beach gem.
- The Best Plantation: Willbrook Plantation — This 221-year-old plantation is brimming with history, natural beauty, and, of course, gorgeous tee shots. Today, Willbrook is known as one of the best golf courses in Myrtle Beach thanks to its immaculate greens, old-world charm, and Lowcountry marshes.
- The Best Water Hazards: River Club — Many Myrtle Beach golf courses feature snaking waterways, which often line narrow fairways. But none of them can match the fun yet challenging water hazards at the aptly-named River Club.
- The Most Beautiful: Wild Wing Plantation — Wild Wing is known to many as the Grand Strand’s “most creative design.” The Larry Nelson and Jeff Brauer design genuinely has the power to take golfers’ breath away, especially the towering trees and rolling terrain.
- The Most Peaceful: Blackmoor Golf Club — This jaw-dropping Gary Player-designed masterpiece in Murrells Inlet is easy on the eyes, to say the least. There’s an inflated level of serenity that can be obtained at Blackmoor, which always keeps us coming back for more.
- The Very Best of Myrtle Beach: King’s North at Myrtle Beach National — This Arnold Palmer-designed knockout is among the best courses in the world. Golfers mainly fall in love with Myrtle Beach National’s island fairways, dramatic tee shots, and challenging par threes.
The Best Myrtle Beach Golf Packages
Now that we’ve got your mind on 18 holes of quintessential Myrtle Beach golf, it’s time to start planning that next coastal escape to South Carolina’s awe-inspiring coast. Sand Dunes Resort has five group-friendly, stay-and-play packages, which in turn makes us one of the premier Myrtle Beach golf resorts. Click the links below to learn more about each spectacular offer!