One of Myrtle Beach’s defining features is its sprawling, 1.2-mile boardwalk, a bustling mecca for amusement, exercise, people watching, and quick eats. There’s no doubt that the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and Promenade is a crowded tourist trap. However, what sets this scenic, nostalgia-inducing entertainment hub from other open-air destinations is its Southern charm. And there’s no better place to start and finish your day in sandy paradise than right here at Sand Dunes Resort, one of the top-rated hotels near the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk. We’re less than five miles up the Grand Strand from the Promenade—close enough to the action but far enough from the swarm of tourists.
There are countless restaurants, attractions, shops, and vendors on the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk. Thus, it’s important to arrive with a foolproof plan intact. Otherwise, you’re bound to lose track of time and overspend on lunch, entertainment, and souvenirs. We always recommend undertaking a bit of research and setting a budget before arrival. Well, without further ado, here are 15 quintessential things to do on the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk.
- Ride into the heavens on the SkyWheel
- Master Skee-Ball at the Fun Plaza
- Slurp up a unique ice cream flavor at MadMyrtle’s Ice Creamery
- Meet a legion of aquatic critters inside Ripley’s Aquarium
- Devour a world-famous foot-long hot dog from Peaches Corner
- Go for a jog as the sun peeks above the Atlantic Ocean
- Discover all things bizarre inside Ripley’s Believe It or Not!
- Purchase a tote full of South Carolina-themed souvenirs at Gay Dolphin
- Cast a line into the Atlantic from the Second Avenue Fishing Pier
- Brave the hair-raising, shriek-inducing Sling Shot
- Practice your people-watching skills
- Watch a live performance at The Bowery, the historic birthplace of Alabama
- Satisfy your sweet tooth inside I Love Sugar
- Share a bucket of Myrtle Beach’s tastiest fries
- Gaze up at the Second Avenue Pier’s Wednesday evening Myrtle Beach Boardwalk fireworks
Myrtle Beach Hotels on the Beach
After a memorable day with the whole family on the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, return to Sand Dunes Resort for some splashtastic fun at the on-site Sands Resorts Waterpark. Admission to the water park is complimentary to all guests. Float down the lazy river, get soaked under the giant water bucket, and watch the kids climb the aquatic jungle gym. Not only is Sand Dunes Resort an affordable South Carolina getaway option, but it also boasts money-saving golf packages, a newly-upgraded Family FunZone, several on-site restaurants, and free parking. Give us a call today at 866-845-1011 to learn more about a potential summertime escape to sunny Myrtle Beach.